Applications are now open for the 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗦𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗱, an opportunity for newer, New England-based adventure racers looking to gain experience and proficiency in the sport.
𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
Eight racers will be selected with the goal of competing in the co-ed premier division at adventure races throughout the United States. We are excited to announce Jeff O'Connor (pictured at right) as the team captain. The team will be composed of racers meeting the following criteria:
- Early career (i.e., 10 or fewer races)
- Fitness oriented (i.e., established record of endurance training)
- Mentor ready (i.e., seeking growth in skills, training, strategy, etc.)
- Looking to race faster and longer (i.e., long-term goal of forming a competitive team and completing expedition-length races)
Strong Machine will provide:
- Individual and group mentoring and training
- Free entry to all Strong Machine races
- Race jerseys and other branded apparel
Development Squad members will commit to:
- Participation in at least 2 USARA-affiliated races per year with members of the development squad in the coed premier category
- Racing with the development squad for at least 1 racing season but no more than 2 racing seasons
- Attending team meetings (via video conference)
We look forward to reading your applications and assembling a strong, motivated team of AR enthusiasts!